Our Mission: How to Deal with Online Harassment
Cyber Safeguard’s mission is to inform, empower, and equip individuals, parents, and schools to take action against cyberbullying and online harassment.
While most people understand what cyberbullying is, very few know how to respond when it occurs or how to prevent it from happening in the first place. It is very difficult to be ready for the various consequences – socially, emotionally, and legally. Our mission is to inform, empower, and equip individuals, parents, and schools to take action against cyberbullying and online harassment.
Sadly, online harassment can be not only traumatic, but it can also be life-damaging. Depression, anxiety, and even suicide can be a result. Cyber Safeguard has developed a toolkit for families and schools to address cyberbullying and minimize its impact. We have spent thousands of hours creating our training programs and resource guide, which includes critical data points such as:
- How to speak with a child or student about the issue
- When to get schools or other individuals involved
- Where to find a mental health or medical professional who can help
- How to report or remove content from over 75 different apps and platforms
When online harassment occurs, the situation can be very complex and time can be of the essence. It often feels overwhelming to determine how to respond to the situation and how to put an end to it. Even though one may feel the urgency to act, days of research may be required to address issues and questions such as:
- How can I contact a social media company to get a photo or post removed?
- Do I need a lawyer? How do I find someone who is qualified?
- Is cyberbullying illegal?
- Should I involve law enforcement? If so, how do I file a report?
- How to report cyberbullying and online harassment?
Cyber Safeguard has done this research and organized these answers for you. Days of time filled with worrying and confusion become just minutes of reading and a clearer path forward with Cyber Safeguard. Our company was created to equip parents, students, and school administrators with accurate knowledge about online harassment and to provide fast action steps on how to address and how to report cyberbullying.